Baltimore, Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1967 - I enter Baltimore Polytechnic Institute as a 9th grade freshman
1971 - Graduated
Move forward to September 2016 and I attend a BPI alumni luncheon for Dad's class of 1946.
....and today, November 5th, our Club has an organized hunt at Druid Hill Park in Baltimore. Hunt's over and my friend, John, takes me to one of his "hot spots" there and what do I find at the base of a tree but a graduation ring from Poly, my alma mater!

I've contacted the principal in hope that the school will be able to mediate the return to its owner; his name is inscribed on the ring.

What happened to my Poly ring? I sold it in the 80's when we thought $800 an ounce for gold was a good return on a ring I wasn't wearing.

BTW, John did pretty well at Druid, several wheats and two IHCs. I didn't score an Indian today but found three wheats '15, '18, and '26.....and a rare fractional dollar.

Finds.jpg

Upvote 21
Beautiful ring !

Very cool! Hope you get the return....keep us posted!

Thx pl8man! It was a rush to see that sitting in the hole. Signal was 77 on F75.

Thanks Urban Prospector! John and I were comparing finds as we were digging them, so I walked the ring over to him and he said "What do have, silver?" He was right. :happysmiley:

Kudos on a great hunt and the efforts in trying to return the ring to it's owner, I hope you're successful!:headbang:

If possible could you get John to share his settings when he found the fractional dollar, it could help us to start finding whole dollars in our hunts?:dontknow:

Thanks AU Seeker! Hope to get back to that "hot spot" on Tuesday PM in hopes of pulling an Indian and, maybe, some silver. :happysmiley:

Really nice ring!! Good luck finding the owner. Congrats and HH

Thx Diggin' Dude! Awesome dig to see that class ring just sitting there. Will see what comes of this owner search.

Sweet ring find McCDig, good luck on the return. :icon_thumright: Since the school is involved maybe they will do a write up in the school newspaper concerning the return if and when it happens. If they do, please post it. Kudos to you for getting the ball rolling. What did that note ring up as? .

Thanks L-D! It rang up 77 on the F75. Loud and that was due to the size and just 2-inches deep. I did contact a local news station to see if it there's any interest on their part to cover a "good news" story. Hoping this could give a positive spin on detecting in the City.

Thx Lisa and John! I'm awaiting the rest of the story. Thanks for checking out the post!
Nice find! I can't wait to hear the rest of the story. :thumbsup:

Sweet ring almost makes ya wish no name was in it LOL Good job!!!!!!!!

Thx Tommy! I know what you mean. Looks like I'm one step closer to contacting the owner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back