Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I mentioned previously, I had the horse pastures at the plantation property bush hogged and plowed recently to hopefully uncover more relics. I've been hitting it a bit during lunch, and working slowly listening for any signals. Lot's of rusty nails, horseshoe pieces, and RR spikes still out there. :-\
I was able to find a few keepers though.

Today I dug a 1888 IH. In rough shape and concave in the center, but still happy to see it. :icon_thumleft:

Three buttons: One large 28mm pewter (?) Colonial (?) :dontknow: , one 1800's flat button w/shank, and a tiny 4-hole button.

A canister shot, and a small lead shot.

Not sure what the large round whats-it is? :dontknow:

I'm hoping with all this rain over the next few days it will continue to break down the dirt clumps.

HH,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-049S.JPG
    MVC-049S.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,119
  • MVC-050S.JPG
    MVC-050S.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,119
  • MVC-044S.JPG
    MVC-044S.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,111
  • MVC-045S.JPG
    MVC-045S.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,117
  • MVC-046S.JPG
    MVC-046S.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,116
  • MVC-047S.JPG
    MVC-047S.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,115
  • MVC-048S.JPG
    MVC-048S.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,108
Upvote 0
Keep searching that pasture. I'm sure something is waiting out there for you.........no, not a "boogy man" :laughing7: Good luck, Doug. Hope you can make the banner soon.

crazyjarhead said:
Keep searching that pasture. I'm sure something is waiting out there for you.........no, not a "boogy man" :laughing7: Good luck, Doug. Hope you can make the banner soon.

Thanks Ron,
With three banners, I may have reached my peak. :dontknow: And at such a ripe young age too. ;D :wink:
-Doug-

garthbfan169 said:
Nice finds MM WTG!! :notworthy: :thumbsup:

Thanks Garth. Much appreciated. :icon_thumleft:
-MM-

IH always a keeper :icon_thumright: This year I've only found one IH.

Nice shank button. Hope cleaning will show a better front. IMO back as pretty as can be.

Keep at it and I have no doubt this site has more keepers to come :thumbsup:

There's a silver 3 center out there Doug, I just know it. I wouldn't give up until it's found! :hello:

I love the large Colonial button. They always tell you that you're in the right zone for early goodies! :thumbsup:

Keep swinging away in that field, Dug!

Kyle

Congrats on the IH, I like the big ol' flat button and relics also.

Sounds like it was a good idea to cut down the brush.

VOL1266-X said:
There's GOLD in them there hills!!! Keep at it. Why didn't the guy who plowed it, drag it down??? HH.

Because I ran out of money. At least money my wife would find out about. :wink: ;D
-Doug-

tymcmurray said:
And the beep goes on!!!
Keep at it, Doug!

Thanks Ty.
Still hoping for silver or an LC. :icon_thumleft:
-Doug-

IronSpike said:
IH always a keeper :icon_thumright: This year I've only found one IH.

Nice shank button. Hope cleaning will show a better front. IMO back as pretty as can be.
Keep at it and I have no doubt this site has more keepers to come :thumbsup:

Thank IS. :icon_thumleft: Buttons are actually one of my favorite things to find. I think they tell a lot about a place, yet I see a lot of people don't even mention them when they are in their post pictures. :dontknow:
-Doug-

seger98 said:
There's a silver 3 center out there Doug, I just know it. I wouldn't give up until it's found! :hello:

Man, I hope so. At this point I'll settle for a two center, four center, or anything standing, seated, squating, or lying down. ;D :wink:
-Doug-

KylePA said:
I love the large Colonial button. They always tell you that you're in the right zone for early goodies! :thumbsup:

Keep swinging away in that field, Dug!
Kyle

Kyle,
For some unknown reason I knew you if anyone would like that Colonial button. :wink: ;D
Thanks buddy,
-Dug-

Rusted_Iron said:
Congrats on the IH, I like the big ol' flat button and relics also.

Sounds like it was a good idea to cut down the brush.

Thanks RI.
Myself, and others, have found such a variety at this property over the last few years. It really has been one of my best spots so far. :icon_thumleft:
-MM-

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES EVERYONE. I know it's nothing much, but I'm not giving up. :icon_thumleft:
-MM-

Better finds than you would find in your couch Doug. ;D
Keep at it, I just found my first silver in a long time.

some great finds there..love the cannister shot... :thumbsup:

KylePA said:
I see another one of these coming soon for you, Dug: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,119465.msg876728.html#msg876728

It is almost the two-year anniversary of that dig. :notworthy:

Kyle

Thanks Kyle.
Now that brings back good memories. You're right, it's been two years this month when I dug that piece of eight. I about soiled myself. ;D That property has turned up some nice CW relics too, including that eagle sword belt plate. :icon_thumleft:
I'll connect soon with something good. Should be taking to the woods again soon.
-Dug-

Attachments

• Spanish silver.jpg
    Spanish silver.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 650
  • Spanish silver.jpg
    Spanish silver.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 641

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back