Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There’s a guy that’s been cutting wood on our property, fire wood and hedge posts. He’s cleared out some swaths dragging brush and driving. He’s spilled over into a site I’ve found and I’ve been finding lots of flakes and broken tools in the new bare spots. I went out yesterday with a blower and blew the leaves off of the paths and areas to expose the dirt, hoping the rain Sunday will expose some good stuff. I found these just blowing off the leaves

First has real nice flaking on one side but not on the other, it still has blade geometry but is more like a unifaced tool the second I haven’t decided if it’s the base of a blade or preform or the front of a scraper, leaning scraper based on how tall it is and how steep the face is
IMG_6475.jpeg
IMG_6455.jpeg
IMG_6474.jpeg
IMG_6452.jpeg
IMG_6451.jpeg
IMG_6453.jpeg

Upvote 8

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I’m hoping that the rain comes to us Tuesday and Wednesday like they are saying. Hopefully you will get some rain to.
Might be time to get the sifter out in that spot.

OP
OP
Older The Better

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update:
we got rain for 24-36 hours on Sunday but it was a gentle mist. it didn’t move anything and just let more leaves fall . The idea was a bit of a failure so far, but I blew everything off again today and found another broke. We are supposed to get rain/snow tonight so we’ll see if I get any better results.

As for the broke it looks like it was a fairly big knife, made of Kay county chert, and has nice bevels, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a harahey knife. There’s also hints at munkers creek people in the area which a mid archaic beveled knife would fit well.
IMG_6631.jpeg
IMG_6636.jpeg
IMG_6635.jpeg
IMG_6633.jpeg

OP
OP
Older The Better

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here’s the most recent, really unusual material, very glossy almost blue with white flecks. I drew out a guess as to what it could have looked like and I wanted a visual to show a non collector why I was interested in a “lumpy rectangle”
IMG_6982.jpeg
IMG_6983.jpeg
IMG_6985.jpeg

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here’s the most recent, really unusual material, very glossy almost blue with white flecks. I drew out a guess as to what it could have looked like and I wanted a visual to show a non collector why I was interested in a “lumpy rectangle” View attachment 2121916 View attachment 2121917 View attachment 2121918
Nice sketch. I could see something like that accompanying a framed artifact. Especially one that doesn’t show flaking very well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread