What's new

A freindly reminder for you and to tell your friends... [Re: animals]

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2008
Messages
1,183
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
78729
Detector(s) used
dfx
Just a reminder, if you are in need of a new family member (a dog or cat), please visit your local animal shelter. They are the first place everyone should look first, to find your next best friend. They really do need your love. Their life depends on it.
 
Funny you should bring back a memory I have on that topic... I once worked in Round Rock Texas.... (it ends well) this women left her dog in the back seat of her car during the Texas summer heat while see went in to get her teeth fixed by the dentist directly below us. We called the dentist below us and saved that dogs life.
 
texastee2007 said:
mikeofaustin said:
Funny you should bring back a memory I have on that topic... I once worked in Round Rock Texas.... (it ends well) this women left her dog in the back seat of her car during the Texas summer heat while see went in to get her teeth fixed by the dentist directly below us. We called the dentist below us and saved that dogs life.


I once called 911 on two dogs in a parking lot...they were already down in the seat...the window was cracked a little for air....911 said to crack it alot and I sure did, broke it with my elbow. I placed my purse on it and bam...one made it and one didn't...The police fined her. This was back in the 80s. Why do people do this with babies and pets? That car turns into a frying pan.

Very good person you are. By the way, My sister, after just posting this very message on facebook... she says, "No, buy from the mall. Why be frugal? Money is overrated...". So, as you see... Animals need our help more than ever. Our own family members are against logic. If you were to ever to find your next best friend.... Please, just visit the shelter first, before you go to a private breeder. Trust me, you will find a soul that is yearning to be in your best company.
 
I had 2 pets from rescue. but my last pet I wanted a specific breed, a Papillion so I went to a 'backyard' breeder (well she had 1 litter per year only) so at least she was a good old person and not a puppy mill.

but yes, try to save a lonely pet if you can. everyone needs a family and good home! :) people too :icon_sunny:
 
FarmerChick said:
I had 2 pets from rescue. but my last pet I wanted a specific breed, a Papillion so I went to a 'backyard' breeder (well she had 1 litter per year only) so at least she was a good old person and not a puppy mill.

but yes, try to save a lonely pet if you can. everyone needs a family and good home! :) people too :icon_sunny:

Puppy mills, tell me about it!!! I was at a friends house visiting, and another one of his friends showed up. They had a puppy with them and they started in talking about how they were going to make so much money from this dog. They were talking about getting this 'manufacturing' thing going on with the dog, even before she was only a few months old. Horrible people...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom