A Great Testimonial For Tesoro, and Rusty Henry

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A big thumb's up for Rusty Henry and Tesoro.

tabman

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My name is pinenut and I'm a Tesoro user...

Never used a detector before I got my first one last March. Just seemed like the sort of detector I'd enjoy using, so bought one. Liked it so much, I bought another.
I'm still buying Tesoros... Like Pokemon, "gotta catch (try) 'em all". Wife stopped complaining when she started seeing jewlry popping out of the ground. ^_^

I've now bought 11 Tesoros, giving some to the kids. Thanks alot Terry. Just bought another one last night. :laughing7:

NeilinFR

Oct 11, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 ltd
Minelab Etrac
Xterra 705
Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Terry in that pic, which one is Rusty?
I just did a compadre mod and Rusty is the one I bought the coil from, he has his own Tesoro business plus works for Tesoro. Your absolutely right, one of the nicest gentlemen youll ever talk to, would love to drink a few beers with him and listen to him tell some of his stories of detecting days gone by.....Thanks for sharing. [
NeilQUOTE=Terry Soloman;5068304]Please check out this thread! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garrett/510645-garrett-2-year-warranty-then-what.html#post5068282[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry in that pic, which one is Rusty?
I just did a compadre mod and Rusty is the one I bought the coil from, he has his own Tesoro business plus works for Tesoro. Your absolutely right, one of the nicest gentlemen youll ever talk to, would love to drink a few beers with him and listen to him tell some of his stories of detecting days gone by.....Thanks for sharing. [
NeilQUOTE=Terry Soloman;5068304]Please check out this thread! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garrett/510645-garrett-2-year-warranty-then-what.html#post5068282
[/QUOTE]

Rusty is in the Brown Tesoro Shirt holding the gold nugget, and I'm the goofy guy in the White Arizona Gold Adventures shirt.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never used a detector before I got my first one last March. Just seemed like the sort of detector I'd enjoy using, so bought one. Liked it so much, I bought another.
I'm still buying Tesoros... Like Pokemon, "gotta catch (try) 'em all". Wife stopped complaining when she started seeing jewlry popping out of the ground. ^_^

I've now bought 11 Tesoros, giving some to the kids. Thanks alot Terry. Just bought another one last night. :laughing7:

You may need to join Tesoro's Anonymous! 11 Beep and dig machines?

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You may need to join Tesoro's Anonymous! 11 Beep and dig machines?

I just can't help myself... Here's a pic of the most recent one. Been wanting to try this model for a while. I guess this is the Vaquero's grandpa and the Eldorado, Vaquero's dad... Looks to be in nice shape; hope so. I know if it's needing anything, Tesoro will make it right for a small charge.
Should be here in a couple days. ^_^

image.jpeg

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just can't help myself... Here's a pic of the most recent one. Been wanting to try this model for a while. I guess this is the Vaquero's grandpa and the Eldorado, Vaquero's dad... Looks to be in nice shape; hope so. I know if it's needing anything, Tesoro will make it right for a small charge.
Should be here in a couple days. ^_^

View attachment 1342911

I would say it's the outlaw's dad. :-) others cousin.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even today the older Tesoro detectors can still outdo most other brands costing over twice as much. They're super fun to use.

tabman

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even today the older Tesoro detectors can still outdo most other brands costing over twice as much. They're super fun to use.

tabman

Can't argue that! Just took my 15 year old Eldorado along 'cause I needed to go down to the local hardware store. Stopped at a sand totlot I hadn't yet been to, and stayed for about an hour... Pulled up some nails (happy to remove them from a totlot), a few clad, a junk kid's ring and what looks like a '20 Mercury dime... Love that Eldorado!

image.jpeg

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're kicking butt with your Eldorado! Adding the 5 x 10 inch DD search coil and the 5.75 concentric search coil to your search coil arsenal will add even more fun.

tabman

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're kicking butt with your Eldorado! Adding the 5 x 10 inch DD search coil and the 5.75 concentric search coil to your search coil arsenal will add even more fun.

tabman

Thanks. I've been using the 5.75 on it, but haven't tried the 5x10. The Eldorado has a great disc circuit and works perfectly with the small concentric. I really like that combo in park areas!

^_^

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Rusty is good people and a real asset for Tesoro as well. He has gone out of his way to help me several times.

Thanks again Rusty..

George

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I bought my first Tesoro I felt I wasn't doing things right. I called them and spoke with Rusty. We talked for quite a while and then I told him I was planning a metal detecting trip to California, (I lived in New Mexico at the time). He said, "if your still having problems when your trip comes around stop by here and I will work with you for an hour or so"!! Turned out I had to fly to California sooner than expected due to a family emergency. I've never forgotten that offer of help he offered, to me, a complete stranger.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What AMAZING service...!

I spoke with Rusty for the first time this morning; just called to get an update on my Vaquero I'd sent in last week for the high tone mod. Rusty said it was already done, checked out in top shape and is on its way back to me... It was here this afternoon!

Awesome service from Tesoro!!

BTW - the high tone is perfect! Still has the original tone in battery check and all-metal, but a perfectly magical beep in disc. Cant wait to field test it! ^_^

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006
Hey Terry its been awhile, I don't know if you remember me but we talked by phone a few years back about Tesoro Sand Shark stuff and beach detecting.

Yes, Rusty is a great guy I just talked with him a few days ago. Also I just picked up a new Tesoro Black Tejon with the RSD coil and an extra 5.75 Concentric for it. You got to love Tesoro's service and lifetime warranty also there detectors work as good or better than any out there. I had my own issue with my Garrett AT Pro and sold it.

My story below even though in the end Garrett did make it right to there credit on my particular situation.

I Sold my AT Pro after the control housing broke off or more like fell off while turning it on one day. In my opinion to shallow of screws and weak plastic and I told Garret this. I babied this detector and it looked like new never dropped it or abused it in any way. It was just out of warranty by about 6 months. I was quoted a few hundred to fix it by Garrett. I sent it in and they repaired it very quickly decent turn around. I have to say to there credit they sent it back to me with no charge for the repair because the detector showed no signs of abuse in any way.

I Just did not trust it after that even though it was a good little detector.

Happy Hunting All,
Bill G

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next time anyone talks to Rusty, ask him if there is an easy fix to get rid of this gawd awful Compadre battery check tone when you turn it on.....
TIA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions