What's new

A GTA 550? or save the money and get an ACE 250?

discovery_bound

Full Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
172
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Dakota, B&R in Montana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Anyone with experience using both the 550 and the 250? I've read the obvious differences, but would like some info about some personal experiences between the two. Any opinions and other info is always appreciated! Thanks,

JW
 
i dont own a 550 but know people that do, and if it were my money i would just get the 250. the ace is comparable in performance and it is cheaper.
 
I own both and must admit that the ACE is a great machine. The GTA550 is also a great machine, and it does have more settings. What I do like about the GTA is the sound that is given off - it is a more smooth sound. Also, the GTA has more notches which can help below the penny range. Civil War bullets usually fall just below the zinc penny range - the added notches help here. The ACE is a lightweight machine - and if I have only a little time - I will pick up the ACE for some quick detecting. Garrett really designed a great machine with the ACE series. If you have the extra bucks on hand - then I would recommend the GTA.

Bavarianminister
 
I would go with the ACE 250. Newer technology and additional coils at a great price. And....the ACE has proven itself time and time again. :)
 
I have the GTAx 550 and its a tank go with the 250 alot lighter.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom