What's new

A Little Civil War History Saved & A Pewter Play Cup

mangum

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2012
Messages
2,323
Reaction score
3,533
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Little Civil War History Saved & A Pewter Play Cup

My buddy Chris & I went to a field adjoining a Civil War camp yesterday to try to save a little history. The field is loaded with aluminum. Whoever plowed it 20 years ago was drinking beer on the tractor... We found a small pocket of relics in the field. I found 2 bullets & piece of knapsack hook. Chris had better luck & pulled 6 or 7 bullets. We were planning to go to another site after lunch with some exciting history but got stood unfortunately... I also found a pewter child's toy cup & a piece of saddle hardware. It was a tough day but managed to save a little history! This is a great site in the fact we know who was there & the exact day in 1865. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1480899708.669804.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1480899720.018521.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1480899765.361784.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 32
Nice digs!! That cup is cool. Should be more there. Good luck

HH RN
 
Awesome finds!! Congrats!!
 
I found out that the toy cup is definitely colonial, very cool...
 
Nice finds. Good luck on future hunts.
 
Congrats on those finds Magnum. :occasion14: I was so looking forward to meeting you and sharing the hunt last weekend. Maybe next time.
 
Well done Josh! CW lead is sweet.

That tea cup is really interesting.

Best of luck to you!
 
I found out that the toy cup is definitely colonial, very cool...

It sure is colonial and its a very cool find. :icon_thumright: I found an area that had a cup and 3 plates or saucers... also many marbles. It must have been where the kids played in the yard. Great hunt man.

IMG_20161205_095028.webp
 
Congrats on those finds Magnum. :occasion14: I was so looking forward to meeting you and sharing the hunt last weekend. Maybe next time.

Hopefully next time you're around I can make it! Did y'all find anything good?
 
It sure is colonial and its a very cool find. :icon_thumright: I found an area that had a cup and 3 plates or saucers... also many marbles. It must have been where the kids played in the yard. Great hunt man.

View attachment 1388505

That's really neat, thanks for sharing
 
Hopefully next time you're around I can make it! Did y'all find anything good?

3 of use pulled silvers, Tom was the 1st to score with a silver clown pendant, then I hit a 40% Kennedy half and then smittyman pulled a 1943 merc right in front of us when we were getting ready for the group pic.
 
Congratualtions on the relic hunt! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom