A Little Panning After Work

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got home today and started reading my favorites in TNET. After reading for a few minutes I decided that I should be shoveling instead of reading. Took my pan and shovel and some water and hit the SF American. Fortunately there was no release upstream today and I was able to get about 20' further out into the water. Scooped behind a rock and came up with a shovel full of blue clay. It was 103 on the way out there but on the river there was a cool breeze. Had an enjoyable time.

IMG_3065.JPG IMG_3068.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The blue clay hole is starting to play out. Very little heavy debris and small at that. Gold far and few.

SF Gold.jpg

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
Hhmmmm interesting sad to hear that it's not producing as much as it did. Is it worth it to go further? Atleast you still left with some gold :) Keep us posted.

OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Exactly. The hole was a crevice and 2 small boil holes in bedrock and filled with blue and rusty clay. Plan B is to roll a one tonner over and see what exists under that without drawing undue attention to the op. Pics to follow if successful.

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys! I'm an east bay resident who's hooked on gold now. I go to the north fork of the American every weekend now. Would love to have some partners to go with! Safety in numbers also. I'm more into sniping, but I always end up panning if I see a spot that looks clay-y. You guys can add me on FB if you'd like, Facebook.com/travyleigh.

Hope to pan with you folks sometime!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread