What's new

A long unaswered whatsit laid to rest

texan connection

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
4,565
Reaction score
79
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Finally a 100% accurate Identification of this item
 

Attachments

  • 27124.webp
    27124.webp
    380.8 KB · Views: 444
better pics
 

Attachments

  • 27140.webp
    27140.webp
    361.4 KB · Views: 425
  • 27344.webp
    27344.webp
    308 KB · Views: 422
  • 27362.webp
    27362.webp
    314.4 KB · Views: 432
Upvote 0
well its kinda rare, Im going to the lake Ill answer when I get home ;D
 
Upvote 0
Well I don't know what that is, maybe a casting mold - if I were you though I'd take a hammer and drive those nails on your deck in at least flush, before someone catches a bare foot on them. Nuggy
 
Upvote 0
It looks like an oversized "Sprinkler Head". That's my guess.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It doesn't have moving parts,, Its not the bellows. It was mounted under the forge the bellows pumped air into the inlet and it dispersed the air under the coals to heat them.
 
Upvote 0
TEXAN Connection said:
It doesn't have moving parts,, Its not the bellows. It was mounted under the forge the bellows pumped air into the inlet and it dispersed the air under the coals to heat them.

I just got in on this. That's right it's the center of small forge. Some call it the nest, but the nest is the circle or pile of coals that sit on top of it. The air is forced through it and makes it the nest the hottest spot in the forge. Tony
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom