A merc., a Standing and a Goodbye place.....

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been detecting this spot for the last few hunts, with the caretaker's permission..

Today, I go back and find some more goodies, when the caretaker came out and had to give me bad news..

The plumber, (who use to be the caretaker), had called the owner in NYC and told her that the new caretaker had some guy wondering all over
her property and digging holes all over... The owner called my caretake to see what was going on. Even though she told her I was a
retired guy, looking for coins and you couldn't even tell I dug any holes, she didn't want anyone there because of insurance reason's.....

Oh, well.... I thanked her anyway.. I did manage to get 2 more silver's... for a total of 9 off that property this week..

1918 Mercury Dime

1924 Standing Quarter ( my 12th standing for the year)

A nice marble in the hole with the quarter and an old NYC subway token... (I'm 100 miles from any subway..lol)

10-113.png

10-111.png

10-112.png

Upvote 31

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the Silver. I love Mercurys and the 1924 SLQ is in great condition. Those those Jack's are rusting away with each passing day underground.
The marble looks like a 1940's era Alley.
Go to Tnet's sub forum, "Marbles"
Our resident marble expert, Cheese will identify it for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread