What's new

A pleasant pile of clad

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2020
Messages
4,476
Reaction score
10,423
Golden Thread
0
Location
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my way to the Quincy Stop and Shop in Massachusetts today, picked up a pallet of goods for my food bank...as usual I checked their coinstar....they had not one but two Coinstars there....both had coins in the reject bins...it was a good haul...

Thanks for viewing!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20241106_145622908.webp
    IMG_20241106_145622908.webp
    227.8 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 26
Why do people leave money in the reject bin, this looks like a lot of cash ...
 
Maybe first timers. Maybe sound of a lot of coins being dumped covers the sound of the returns? Maybe the unfortunate person cashing in their handouts is too unaware of their surroundings? I've often wondered the same
 
Maybe they just figure since the machine rejected them, they must not be real, or too damaged to be used, or something.
 
Maybe they just figure since the machine rejected them, they must not be real, or too damaged to be used, or something.

Maybe they just figure since the machine rejected them, they must not be real, or too damaged to be used, or something.
Could be.... Usually they'll just leave the rejects on the shelf if there's not too many..
I've also watched some people that just don't check....
 
Great finds! Congratulations!
 
Maybe first timers. Maybe sound of a lot of coins being dumped covers the sound of the returns? Maybe the unfortunate person cashing in their handouts is too unaware of their surroundings? I've often wondered the same
I think you nailed it with those scenarios...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom