What's new

A "Sign", 6 Silvers, 32 Wheaties & A Steel Penny

DPBOB

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2006
Messages
3,592
Reaction score
264
Golden Thread
0
Location
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used
AVATAR: MY Wife Saying....




"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A "Sign", 6 Silvers, 32 Wheaties & A Steel Penny

It's been a while since I have done a post. I felt I needed to share this hunt since I don't get out much, maybe 2 or 3 times in the last month.
So Howdy to all..... and enjoy The 4th of July and be safe.....

Sat. would have been my Dads 84th Birthday so I went to his grave for a bit.
I was saying that I haven't been getting out much but when I do I have been finding some good stuff etc.
Sometimes you don't know if they hear ya. So I actually said, Give me a sign within my next couple of hunts if you do hear me.
Today was an emotional hunt. My first two targets were wheat pennies. The next signal, I dug down about 5 or 6 inches deep and there the target was.
It turned out to be a an old Army Jeep.
I never found one in all my many years of digging.
My Dad always told me stories of what he did in the Army.
He drove an Army Jeep for many years. He drove Sgt's and Lieutenants and other personal all around.
I believe it was "A Sign "

This park as been turning out some good finds. Got 6 silvers today and my first ever Steel Penny that was in a hole with 3 other wheat pennies.
This place has so many wheat pennies. In all I must have 150 wheaties from here. My last trip there I had 43 wheaties.
I have over 25 Silvers from this park too.
Also got $3.12 in Gas Rebate money.

This will be a day that I will never forget.....
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0349.webp
    IMG_0349.webp
    58.9 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_0350.webp
    IMG_0350.webp
    50 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0351.webp
    IMG_0351.webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0352.webp
    IMG_0352.webp
    56.5 KB · Views: 236
Re: A "sign", 6 Silvers, 32 Wheaties & A Steel Penny

Wow what a great story. Thanks for sharing. Your father was there helping to guide your coil to the good stuff! Great pictures also. Happy 4th!

GTL
 
Re: A "Sign", 6 Silvers, 32 Wheaties & A Steel Penny

Nice save on that one-time shiny cent Bob! Great haul also!
 
Re: A "Sign", 6 Silvers, 32 Wheaties & A Steel Penny

Great hunt Bob, the looks of all those goodies in the pouch would lift any MDers spirit.
I agree it was a sign finding the army jeep.
 
Re: A "Sign", 6 Silvers, 32 Wheaties & A Steel Penny

Sweet :icon_thumright:Great story and thanks for sharing with us!
 
Re: A "Sign", 6 Silvers, 32 Wheaties & A Steel Penny

what a great day bob, thanks for sharing your story about your dad and your finds.
 
Re: A "sign", 6 Silvers, 32 Wheaties & A Steel Penny

Nice findings , and hunting , not very offten come out like that . Congr. !!!
 
Re: A "Sign", 6 Silvers, 32 Wheaties & A Steel Penny

Thanks everyone for the replies...
 
Re: A "Sign", 6 Silvers, 32 Wheaties & A Steel Penny

excellent read and excellent finds bob! hope all is well! keep at that silver
neil
 
Re: A "Sign", 6 Silvers, 32 Wheaties & A Steel Penny

Fantastic amount of silver!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom