What's new

A trip from a while ago

Fossil_adult

Full Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2021
Messages
169
Reaction score
897
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Got a Chinese knockoff brand off Amazon. Now I don’t know how to use it or where to even begin.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This hunt is from a while ago. I have found yet another projectile point. This is a potomac point, which dates from the 1600's to the early 1700's. This site is a contact period site, meaning that both native americans and colonists interacted with eachother. I also found a preform, 4 trade beads, and a couple of other broken points and a piece of a pipe. Overall, it was a good hunt. Here are the relics.

Everything found that day:

2100.webp

Circa contact period Potomac projectile point:
2099.webp


The otherside:
2098.webp


Well, that's that. I really am getting good at finding these things! I now have 4 projectile points from tbe DMV region. I hope y'all enjoy the native stuff more content is coming up soon!
 
Upvote 0
Hopefully some whole points will come from that area. Lookks like a tip if one not sure of the other pieces.
 
agree, nice tip perhaps but not the others.
 
2289.webp

Its not a tip. If you look closely the bottom has been worked into a U shape. There is no clear fracture here. With the age of this site, I was able to date this to the late woodland period. I know its tricky but if this were a tip it should have a clear line of fracture, instead of a curved U shape on the bottom.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom