What's new

A Vaquero question. . . .

Pulltab Parson

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
823
Reaction score
84
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey All,

I have been reading a good deal about the Vaquero. Would it be safe to say, for all around hunting, the Vaquero is the way to go (Coins, Jewelry, relics etc)?

Thanks for the input guys and gals,

HH

Pulltab
 
Yes, yes it would!:occasion14:
 
I have a "Tesoro Compadre" so I am not that familiar with the Vaquero. Although, I have been advised, by a reliable source, that it is the ultimate pick for all-around detector for the money. In addition, I have watched some awesome videos on You Tube at this Link:
mjcz5853's channel - YouTube
The Vaquero definately appeals to me. I hope this helps.
 
Terry didn't have to elaborate.
What he said!
 
I have owned various Tesoros for years and yes, the Vaquero is a monster! Be prepared to dig deep though. Not having a screen that tells you the depth of an object you will want to learn subtleties of the sounds.
 
I have had two vaqueros.They were sweet.I was going to get another as i sold the two i had.They are considered a all terrain detector.Perfect for all types of hunting.But i got the vaqs big brother now, the tejon.But i am so found of the vaq.Even has a high enough frequency to be a started gold prospecting detector.You cannot go wrong with a vaquero. :-V
 
simple, light, quiet and deep. I have found deeper and tinier targets missed by other detectors

the stock coil works great
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom