What's new

Advice on X-terra 705 6" coil

Carla705

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2013
Messages
91
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
Santa Rosa, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Holidays Everyone!!

I'm putting a sniper coil for my X-terra 705 on my Christmas wish list. What might you all suggest?
High frequency....or ....Low frequency?
Concentric .... or ..... Double D?

Looking to hunt trashy park/school areas?

So....What would you ask Santa for? (and where could he find the best deal)

~C~
 
I might go for a double d 18.75 kHz . DD for target separation and best ground balance and high frequency for maybe a
slight edge in gold detection. I'm sure you can find most Minelab coils on Amazon- although they call them
garden accessory for some reason.
 
DD 18.75. No question.
GL
Peace ✌
 
I might go for a double d 18.75 kHz . DD for target separation and best ground balance and high frequency for maybe a
slight edge in gold detection. I'm sure you can find most Minelab coils on Amazon- although they call them
garden accessory for some reason.

Thanks!!
 
We sell a bunch of the Coiltek 6" 3kHz DD coils to coin shooters... They outsell the HF coils about 6 to 1. With the LF coil you will get excellent separation and good depth. Some guys say they don't lose depth versus the stock coil because they can run the sensitivity higher with the smaller coil. One of my customers told me he might as well weld it to his XTerra, and will not hunt with anything else! The low frequency is better on high conductors like coins than the 18.75 kHz coils.

If if you are hunting thin gold rings and jewelry, though the 18.75 kHz coil may be the better for you. Unfortunately a 6" 7.5 kHz DD has not yet been produced...

And I just happen to know of a great place for you to get either one..... :)
 
Thanks....I'll tell Santa!
We sell a bunch of the Coiltek 6" 3kHz DD coils to coin shooters... They outsell the HF coils about 6 to 1. With the LF coil you will get excellent separation and good depth. Some guys say they don't lose depth versus the stock coil because they can run the sensitivity higher with the smaller coil. One of my customers told me he might as well weld it to his XTerra, and will not hunt with anything else! The low frequency is better on high conductors like coins than the 18.75 kHz coils.

If if you are hunting thin gold rings and jewelry, though the 18.75 kHz coil may be the better for you. Unfortunately a 6" 7.5 kHz DD has not yet been produced...

And I just happen to know of a great place for you to get either one..... :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom