What's new

All rounder

Haworth

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 1, 2012
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need help deciding what is a good all rounder I plan on detecting on the beach and shallows plus land ...


Thank You
 
The Garrett AT Pro can go under water to 10 feet. Most rings slide off fingers in waist deep water. On salt beaches, the sensitivity has to be turned down to maybe 5. I've only used mine on land, found a dime 7" deep that IDed correctly in somewhat mineralized ground that was very dry and hard, in a park detected hundreds of times. $595 MAP price.

Most detectors I've used can only ID a dime correctly in my mineralized soil down to 3 to 5 inches.

Also like my Teknetics G2 (same innards as Gold Bug Pro DP), but the control box can't go underwater. Retails for $699.

Both of these detectors will respond to small gold & separate coins good from nearby iron & trash. Best wishes, George (MN)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom