fsa46
Full Member
- Joined
- Jan 10, 2011
- Messages
- 249
- Reaction score
- 272
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Connecticut
- Detector(s) used
- Whites DFPI, 2 @ Excalibur II, 2 @ Sovereign GT w/ 10" & 8" Tornado coils, 2@ 10x12 SEF coils all on their own rods, Whites MXT Pro , 2@ Garrett Pro Pointers
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting


I was killing some time before leaving to hit the tide and was going through some of my greenie. I think I found this about a year ago and thought it was a wheatie.
After looking a little closer I could tell it wasn't and cleaned it up. Low and behold it's a 1863, Benjamin Franklin " a penny saved is a penny earned" Civil War token.
Granted it's in rough shape but still a nice find. Just goes to show, we have to look a little closer at our finds before we throw them in the scrap pile.
Upvote
0
thank you for sharing it!






