ANACS RESULTS ON 1801 DRAPED BUST DIME

41Digger

Mar 21, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5060637698389180110CJR-2 "MISSING STAR"F 12
It's been a pleasure doing business with you and we look forward to your next order.

ANACS, ... It did also get scratches and corrosion, But ANACS absolutely nailed it! and came in exactly where I feel it should. ANACS only has 7 registered JR 2s, and PCGS only has 2. NGC only has 2... so 11 known to exist Still totally disgusted with PCGS for totally dropping the ball on this coin.

Attachments

• 20230821_123406.jpg
    20230821_123406.jpg
    677.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 20230817_155642 (1).jpg
    20230817_155642 (1).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 63
  • 20230817_155543 (1).jpg
    20230817_155543 (1).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Upvote 8

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
5060637698389180110CJR-2 "MISSING STAR"F 12
It's been a pleasure doing business with you and we look forward to your next order.

ANACS, ... It did also get scratches and corrosion, But ANACS absolutely nailed it! and came in exactly where I feel it should. ANACS only has 7 registered JR 2s, and PCGS only has 2. Not sure how many NGC has but safe to say there are less than 20 of these known. Still totally disgusted with PCGS for totally dropping the ball on this coin.
So is it just a written grading or in a slab now?

Basically it seems that it's waste of $$$ to send any recovered coin into PCGS as they'll register it as something that a person would of been better off not sending it in.
Maybe their standards, if it was to rain they'd probably drown because the noses are held so high.

OP
OP

41Digger

Mar 21, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Basically it seems that it's waste of $$$ to send any recovered coin into PCGS as they'll register it as something that a person would of been better off not sending it in.
Maybe their standards, if it was to rain they'd probably drown because the noses are held so high.
It is slabbed

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I will agree. On a 1860 S Seated Liberty quarter I found years ago, (Only 56'000 ) were ever minted, and ALL of them were put in circulation , the holy grail of seated liberty quarters), I had it sent into PCGS to be graded and slabbed. When it was returned, it was labeled as "Genuine", looking up the "code" on the slab, it meant Cleaned, not gradable. Now, looking at pictures on Photograde, I would of said it looked about fine to very fine?, of course I am NOT an expert. The cleaned part? When I found it, I at first thought that it might be a dog tag, (for a pet dog) BECAUSE it was pretty much encrusted in a hard as cement sand type of thing. Took much soaking and electroanalysis? to see what it actually was, and what a thrill THAT was. OK, came back "Genuine" ungradable. Nothing I could do about that, but I WOULD have at least liked to be given a grade on it for detail, nope, they wouldn't give that. Now, correct me if I am wrong, but I have been given to understand that ANACS will look at "Dug" coins, and if they believe that if they would say cleaned, OK then, I will accept that, but I would also like to be give a grade as far as detail. They would do that? I'm not selling anything on an E-Bay or anything else, it is just for me.

OP
OP

41Digger

Mar 21, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When someone charges you more for a higher grade i find that to be dishonest
What is worse is when they cant even authenticate!! PCGS had my coin for five months charged twice as much ... ANACS got it done and door to door in under 30 days...

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A new player has entered the grading game. CAC previously just put a sticker on anacs, pcgs and NCG holders. Now they are going all in and are starting to put coins in their own slabs. If you think pcgs is picky, wait until you see these guys! I went with pcgs slabs with CAC stickers when I put my collection together. I stuck with them so that all my slabs were the same size and fit in the box I made.
IMG_3163.jpeg

OP
OP

41Digger

Mar 21, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A new player has entered the grading game. CAC previously just put a sticker on anacs, pcgs and NCG holders. Now they are going all in and are starting to put coins in their own slabs. If you think pcgs is picky, wait until you see these guys! I went with pcgs slabs with CAC stickers when I put my collection together. I stuck with them so that all my slabs were the same size and fit in the box I made. BEAUTIFUL PIEC3E OF WORK! I JUST CANT WRAP MY HEAD AROUND PCGS NOT BEING ABLE TO AUTHENTICATE... NO EXCUSE! I WANTED TO TRY CAC BUT THEY ARE NOT ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS. View attachment 2135170

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A new player has entered the grading game. CAC previously just put a sticker on anacs, pcgs and NCG holders. Now they are going all in and are starting to put coins in their own slabs. If you think pcgs is picky, wait until you see these guys! I went with pcgs slabs with CAC stickers when I put my collection together. I stuck with them so that all my slabs were the same size and fit in the box I made. View attachment 2135170
That is a nice box you made for your coins!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread