Andres pencils work!

lrgoodger

May 2, 2023
Cassopolis, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000-D, Garrett GTA-1000, Minelab Sovereign, XP Deus I, Equinox 800, XP Deus II
I posted this photo in todays finds on March 13. It clearly shows the crusty, green junk caked on the 1880 IHP. My friend Gare on this forum told me about Andres pencils and I got some. I worked on that green crust with my fingernail (didn't even phase it), then scrubbed with a toothpick. That helped a bit when I scrubbed really hard. It gave indications that some of it might come loose. I have others where the green lumps are so ingrained into the copper that if you pop them off, they leave green pits in the surface. This one was not quite so ingrained, but it was really adhered.

20240313_212408.jpg

After I got the Andres pencils, I worked on it a bit and this is the result;

20240322_135845.jpg

They did not get every last trace off, but the improvement is phenomenal!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find and thank you for the cleaning advice

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this photo in todays finds on March 13. It clearly shows the crusty, green junk caked on the 1880 IHP. My friend Gare on this forum told me about Andres pencils and I got some. I worked on that green crust with my fingernail (didn't even phase it), then scrubbed with a toothpick. That helped a bit when I scrubbed really hard. It gave indications that some of it might come loose. I have others where the green lumps are so ingrained into the copper that if you pop them off, they leave green pits in the surface. This one was not quite so ingrained, but it was really adhered.

View attachment 2138881

After I got the Andres pencils, I worked on it a bit and this is the result;

View attachment 2138882

They did not get every last trace off, but the improvement is phenomenal!
Your WELCOME :) NICE JOB !!! You can send CASH to me IF YOU DESIRE LOL J/K !!!!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice looking IHP. Congrat's

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really should do them in in a circular motion and light pressure not heavy pressure

Oldrvrrat57

Jan 2, 2022
Illinois
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 and XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Received a set last week, alot better than tooth picking! I'm pretty happy with the results using them!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread