TORRERO 30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY ONLY MACHINES Joined Nov 17, 2004 Messages 4,939 Reaction score 4,609 Golden Thread 0 Location NC Detector(s) used XP DEUS I & II Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 1, 2024 Thread Owner #1 I think there is a ladle on the back, and you can see where these are poured not hammered.. Hard to read but maybe says "CLAUDIUS" ? Attachments IMG_0605.webp 476.1 KB · Views: 63 IMG_0606.webp 582.7 KB · Views: 58 IMG_0607.webp 563.2 KB · Views: 54 IMG_0608.webp 455.3 KB · Views: 56 IMG_0609.webp 485.8 KB · Views: 53
I think there is a ladle on the back, and you can see where these are poured not hammered.. Hard to read but maybe says "CLAUDIUS" ?
Mackaydon Sapphire Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Oct 26, 2004 Messages 25,980 Reaction score 28,564 Golden Thread 0 Location N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son Detector(s) used Minelab Explorer Primary Interest: Shipwrecks Nov 2, 2024 #2 With the legend in such bold letters, I'd call it a 'quadran'; a low valued Roman bronze coin worth 1/4 of an 'as'; as in 'quarter'.. Don in SoCal
With the legend in such bold letters, I'd call it a 'quadran'; a low valued Roman bronze coin worth 1/4 of an 'as'; as in 'quarter'.. Don in SoCal