May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Another nice sunrise.

DSCN5920.JPG

Water is starting to go down exposing more bank to fish from,a lot of people fish here,so far they keep it clean since I got on them last year about the trash.

DSCN5933.JPG

Somebody did leave a cheap fishing rod stuck in a stump,not the right thing to use for these drag strippers,as they found out.:tongue3:

DSCN5937.JPG

I watched this duck,same one that always comes around walk up the bank to my left and circled back behind me in the weeds.

DSCN5931.JPG

Chimney Swifts love when there's a mayfly hatch,they do some crazy acrobatics.

DSCN5934.JPG

I did land one.

DSCN5924.JPG

GOD Bless America ONCE again

Chris

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another nice sunrise.

View attachment 2028736

Water is starting to go down exposing more bank to fish from,a lot of people fish here,so far they keep it clean since I got on them last year about the trash.

View attachment 2028737

Somebody did leave a cheap fishing rod stuck in a stump,not the right thing to use for these drag strippers,as they found out.:tongue3:

View attachment 2028738

I watched this duck,same one that always comes around walk up the bank to my left and circled back behind me in the weeds.

View attachment 2028739

Chimney Swifts love when there's a mayfly hatch,they do some crazy acrobatics.

View attachment 2028756

I did land one.

View attachment 2028757

GOD Bless America ONCE again

Chris
Very pretty Chris.The Swifts are very beautiful flyers,We have a species that nest in high banks and love to skim low over the water.very pretty to watch and they,ll sometimes fly alongside your boat! The mayfly,a Green Drake?

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Very pretty Chris.The Swifts are very beautiful flyers,We have a species that nest in high banks and love to skim low over the water.very pretty to watch and they,ll sometimes fly alongside your boat! The mayfly,a Green Drake?
As far as I know a mayfly is a mayfly.:tongue3:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as I know a mayfly is a mayfly.:tongue3:
The Green Drake is one of the largest of the mayflies and has a large distribution.We have them and a smaller gray one,I don,t know it,s name. That,s most likely a Green Drake since they prefer mud bottoms over gravel or rock in the nymph form. Studied them a bit in my fly tying and fishing hobby.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

The Green Drake is one of the largest of the mayflies and has a large distribution.We have them and a smaller gray one,I don,t know it,s name. That,s most likely a Green Drake since they prefer mud bottoms over gravel or rock in the nymph form. Studied them a bit in my fly tying and fishing hobby.
There surely is mud around there,I've walked it enough to know where to step and where NOT to step,dragonflies will be coming out soon,did you know they have a 95% kill rate?

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There surely is mud around there,I've walked it enough to know where to step and where NOT to step,dragonflies will be coming out soon,did you know they have a 95% kill rate?
I love Dragonflies,love to watch them fly. Voracious predators in nymphal and adult forms.The Green Darners are already out here,eating mosquitos which are out too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread