Another new guy here!

AirCavBob

Jan 31, 2023
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Yep, that would be me. Made the decision to get into MDing recently after seeing people on the Texas coast beach doing it on Padre Island. Figured why not, when surf fishing and the bite is slow. Plus, read an article in the Island Moon about a bunch of shipwrecks I believe in the late 1800's or so. Also, while not on the road Rving this will give me a good reason to get out of the house and kick around in some local parks and lakes. I have seen people MDing in them over the years. Being on a limited income I put an "asset" up on consignment to pay for my, "leap" into this hobby.

My 900 with some accessories is due to arrive from Bart tomorrow. It was a pleasure dealing with Bart at Big Boys Hobbies.

I have a LOT to learn but what the heck, going in deep.

Joined here because this site seems to be the most active I found. Even pulled the plug on charter membership. I'm sure that will be $ well spent.

Thanks for having me. Hopefully I don't make too much of a fool of myself asking questions.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Yep, that would be me. Made the decision to get into MDing recently after seeing people on the Texas coast beach doing it on Padre Island. Figured why not, when surf fishing and the bite is slow. Plus, read an article in the Island Moon about a bunch of shipwrecks I believe in the late 1800's or so. Also, while not on the road Rving this will give me a good reason to get out of the house and kick around in some local parks and lakes. I have seen people MDing in them over the years. Being on a limited income I put an "asset" up on consignment to pay for my, "leap" into this hobby.

My 900 with some accessories is due to arrive from Bart tomorrow. It was a pleasure dealing with Bart at Big Boys Hobbies.

Joined here because this site seems to be the most active I found. Even pulled the plug on charter membership. I'm sure that will be $ well spent.

Thanks for having me. Hopefully I don't make too much of a fool of myself asking questions.
Welcome. I’m pretty new here too. I have nothing but good things to say about the people who share this site.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for having me. Hopefully I don't make too much of a fool of myself asking qu
Welcome Bob. Lot's of good folks here.
My brother was ATC with 1st AirCav at An-Khe.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome on board the treasure net you choose a great starter detector, from what I am hearing about the 900 Nox

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Kansas for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Swamp Fox

Sep 22, 2019
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT Minelab Equinox 600 Garrett A T Pro Garrett A T Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never had anyone here not try to answer any questions I have and there has been a lot.

river roamer

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2022
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II Excalibur 1000 Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Welcome tto the site.
I just purchased my Equinox 900 from Big Boys Hobbies also. Great company to deal with.
Good luck with your hunting

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

OP
OP
AirCavBob

AirCavBob

Jan 31, 2023
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Thank you for the warm replies. Well, I have the machine, now, I need to learn how to use it. I've been doing a lot of reading and poking around in my apparently trashy back yard. Lots and lots of beeps. I'm sure in due time I'll begin to figure out what the 900 is telling me. It's still cool and windy here so I'm in no hurry to hit the parks just yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread