What's new

Another Silver Ring and Assorted Other Stuff..........

Garrett424

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2014
Messages
3,167
Reaction score
2,284
Golden Thread
0
Location
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As usual I didn't have much daylight after work so I hit a sports field where I haven't had too much luck in the past.
The ground is pretty wet due to the 13" of rain we had in June and even more since.

I started digging a little clad and then I got a nice, strong hit and dug ring # 27; my first silver of the year and third silver pinky ring. It's marked .925 with some other mark I can't quite make out. It was a good 6 inches down.

Another Silver Ring Number 27 And Other Stuff July 2 2015 001.webp Another Silver Ring Number 27 And Other Stuff July 2 2015 002.webp

If you click and enlarge the first shot you can see the makers mark. It looks like a letter "M" connected to something I can't quite make out. Looks like an upside down "U" or something. If anyone can identify it I would be extremely grateful.



Another Silver Ring Number 27 And Other Stuff July 2 2015 003.webp

I also dug a vintage, 1970 Hot Wheels "Sweet 16" Roadster. It's actually one of the original 16 Hot Wheels cars produced. Unfortunately the trunk lid is missing. I plan to go back and see if I can locate it. It may turn out to be a better find than the ring.

There was also a small cone shaped metal whatsit and a little more clad for a total of $2.11. The oldest coin today was a 1967 Quarter I really thought was silver at first but alas, it was not. Oh well.



Overall, I'm pretty happy. In the short time I had to hunt I walked away with another silver ring, a vintage toy car and a couple of bucks. I've definitely had worse hunts (too many to count). I have the day off tomorrow but may go in for a half day. After that I'll be out swingin' somewhere again.

Thanks for lookin' & Happy Hunting to all.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 22
Nice digs. Nice silver ring.
 
Sweet silver ring! Congrats nice hunt!

The cone shaped item looks like the screw off end on a pen.
 
Nice ring, Congrats!!
 
Good hunt I like the hot wheel car best.But you cant find much better than a silver quarter.
 
Good hunt I like the hot wheel car best.But you cant find much better than a silver quarter.

The quarter isn't silver. I just thought it was when I dug it. It's a '67.
At least the ring was though.

I've noticed that those quarters even sound like silver sometimes after they've been underground for a while.
 
Nice little ring. All silver is a welcomed sight. Sorry, I can't help with the mark.
 
Congrats on that very nice silver ring!:thumbsup:
 
Nice digging mister! Congrats, that's a nice little ring there, in good shape! I've found several in sports field areas that were heavily damaged. Glad to see that one survived in such good shape. Very cool!
 
that's a nice silver ring!, good hunting
 
Good hunt 424! I'm with you on the rain... can we have anymore:BangHead:...Like the silver ring, you have been hot on them of late!!
 
GARRETT NICE RING SIR.....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom