What's new

Answer from Vaughn Garrett on the new AT pro

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2008
Messages
1,541
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry don't remember who asked this nor could I find the post but someone wanted to know about the effect black sand has on the AT pro so I asked Vaughn Garrett and this was his reply.

Hope this helps with the question

Bill,
Brent Weaver, Garrett’s lead designer of the AT Pro has answered your question regarding black sand.
Regards,
Vaughan

Vaughan,


Mineralized black-sands are a challenge for any detector. However, the AT Pro performs quite well in these conditions for the following reasons:
- The DD coil design significantly reduces the negative effects of ground minerals.
- The ground balancing function also significantly reduces the performance-robbing effects of ground minerals.
- The internal filtering and signal processing are designed to address highly mineralized environments.
 
FloridaBill said:
I am sorry don't remember who asked this nor could I find the post but someone wanted to know about the effect black sand has on the AT pro so I asked Vaughn Garrett and this was his reply.

Hope this helps with the question

Bill,
Brent Weaver, Garrett’s lead designer of the AT Pro has answered your question regarding black sand.
Regards,
Vaughan

Vaughan,


Mineralized black-sands are a challenge for any detector. However, the AT Pro performs quite well in these conditions for the following reasons:
- The DD coil design significantly reduces the negative effects of ground minerals.
- The ground balancing function also significantly reduces the performance-robbing effects of ground minerals.
- The internal filtering and signal processing are designed to address highly mineralized environments.
Every company hands you that line of.... CRAP ....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom