Adena_man
Hero Member
Kentucky has a bill in the Senate that is a little concerning. It is basically trying to require a permit to hunt artifacts (digging) on private land. The bill does not specify surface hunting at this time, but I'm a little concerned that it might be a start. It is tied in with a "graveyard bill", which would require landowners to maintain and provide road access to any graveyard on their land. This bill was narrowly defeated last year. Alabama and Florida have similar bills (minus the graveyard section) being pushed through at this time. I do not know if the bills have been defeated or sent on through. I'm really not sure of the actual wording of the Alabama/Florida bills or what regulations they propose. I do know that they have to do with artifact regulation. I have also heard of a 50 year rule.
Are there any similar bills being introduced in any of the northern states or anywhere else?
Are there any similar bills being introduced in any of the northern states or anywhere else?
Upvote
0








