What's new

Any ideas on this button?

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
Joined
May 11, 2010
Messages
1,246
Reaction score
45
Golden Thread
0
Location
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this button during street work. Area dates to mid 1800's. Any ideas on this is appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • button3.webp
    button3.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 93
  • button2.webp
    button2.webp
    11.9 KB · Views: 97
  • button.webp
    button.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 92
I'm sorry that I don't have a picture, but your item is not exactly a button. They come off of the harness that fits under the neck of the horse. They start small and grow to a large size then go back to small again. Charles Harris of American Digger brought a picture of the harness with the "button" attached. They all had that distictive channel on the front of the button. Now that I think about it the channel is on the back side not the front. So overlook this post.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wonder if there wasn't a picture there at one time? Nice find.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom