Esclav23

Tenderfoot
Aug 27, 2014
Harker Heights, TX
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett GT 150 and White's 6000Di
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, lavademon. I'm in Springfield. I've hunted a lot over in Germany, so I have some stories from there, but have not done much in VA yet. I'm going to take advantage of this afternoon though, and go find a patch of woods somewhere for a couple of hours. I'll let you know if I find anything. I'm not a member of NVRA. - Esclav

detectingdude

Greenie
Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there lavademon I'm actually in fairfax city, I would love to swap some stories,
Have a good one DD

rjs123

Dec 14, 2009
Richmond VA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Deep Tech Vista Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to live in Manassas, Centreville, Reston, Burke, Hume and Fredericksburg. Not all at the same time though :) I detected that area from 1990 to 2006. There was a lot of construction going on in the 1990s and I did pretty good. Used to go to all the NVRHA meetings. Hung out at Jimmy Wilson's shop, Rebel Coins, every chance I got. I was a traveling technician and covered from Fredericksburg to Leesburg so when I wasnt on a call I was in the woods with my detector. When my pager went off I went to work. Some of the memorable sites I hunted were Lees Hill Golf Community and the intersections of 28 and 29 where they hit Braddock Road. Somewhere I have picture of 30 guys jumping out behind a road grader. We would do that after every pass until he came around again. Found a nice SNY buckle and a cannonball with borman fuse doing that. When the workers stopped for the day everyone starting digging the trash fire and pits. Lots of ink wells and bottles came out. I got a couple complete shoulder scales. I wish I could have been there when they put the Weiss Market in in Centreville. I heard stories of fist fights over whose hut hole it was to dig. That's where the pic of the quaker guns in the confederate fort were taken. Here's a picture of some finds from around Fredericksburg in the 1990s.

Attachments

• virginia.jpg
    virginia.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread