What's new

✅ SOLVED Any thoughts on this would be helpful

Johncoho

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2014
Messages
2,862
Reaction score
7,292
Golden Thread
0
Location
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This 2 inch by 4 inch heavy copper tag was dug at an old farm house from the late 1800's. The man on the tag was a local dairyman born in 1856 and died in 1937. He founded a large dairy business that was passed down to his son, and then his son. He was not a trapper so I believe that is out. There is no places that I can see on the tag that would attach it to something like a milk can. I was able to locate several great grandchildren and will be returning it to them. Any thoughts would be very helpful. IMG_0001.webp
 
Johncoho, that is one nice find. Kudos to you for locating several great-grandchildren and intending to return it to them.:occasion14: That is very honorable of you. I'll do some research and see if I can come up w/ some ideas as to what it was attached to.
 
Upvote 0
Johncoho, although you don't see any places on the tag that would attach it, it still may have been attached to something. I found a similar tag last year with the name of a scale manufacturer from Cincinnati, OH. My theory is that the tag was attached to one his scales.
 

Attachments

  • 20191021_202826.webp
    20191021_202826.webp
    336.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm sure the family will be delighted to have this piece of memorabilia. I don't see why it couldn't be a milk can tag. Sometimes they have no holes and were crudely soldered onto the cans such that they are found detached. This one (said to be from a milk can) measures three inches by one and a half inches.

Milk Can.webp
 
Upvote 0
could they be cremation tags ?
thery would be put in ashes
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
could they be cremation tags ?
thery would be put in ashes

It turns out this was a tag attached to a milk can so it could be returned to the dairy that owned it.
 
Upvote 0
I'm sure the family will be delighted to have this piece of memorabilia. I don't see why it couldn't be a milk can tag. Sometimes they have no holes and were crudely soldered onto the cans such that they are found detached. This one (said to be from a milk can) measures three inches by one and a half inches.

View attachment 1879356

Thank you. I believe that it was attached to a milk can so it could be returned to the dairy that owned it.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom