What's new

Anybody ever use a Platypus coil instead of a WOT on the Excal?

waterfalljay

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2006
Messages
361
Reaction score
43
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western NC Mtns
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab Safari, Explorer SE Pro, & Excallibur II
I was thinking it might be easier to handle in the surf than the 15" WOT. Has anyone tried this? :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • Platypus.webp
    Platypus.webp
    1.9 KB · Views: 325
Upvote 0
Hmmmm... I may have to boldly go where no detector has gone before! :laughing7:
 

Attachments

  • star-trek-enterprise-coiltek.webp
    star-trek-enterprise-coiltek.webp
    6.7 KB · Views: 260
waterfalljay said:
Hmmmm... I may have to boldly go where no detector has gone before! :laughing7:

When you go, don't Boldly go to far. I should point out that you need to consider..........

The Platypus coil will not work on the Excal, the only Minelab detector that is compatible with the Excal is the Sovereign, and Platypus is not made for a Sovereign..
 
OOPS! Thanks Treasure_Hunter.
I guess that might be why no one has tried it before! ;D
 
Doc's treasure supplies sells them for the sov..................joe
 
OldeBeechnut said:
Doc's treasure supplies sells them for the sov..................joe

Docs shows it, and so does coiltec on their website now, I stand corrected, I know they didn't use to make it for the Spvereign......I do see the cost of Coiltek coils has now gone up....
 
Docs shows it, and so does coiltec on their website now, I stand corrected, I know they didn't use to make it for the Spvereign......I do see the cost of Coiltek coils has now gone up....

I just seen them the other day while looking at the sd2200d junk.......I think you would do better with the Wot then the Platypus, more coverage and depth, for the money, other then maybe in ruff water it might be a little easier to swing? 8.5 x 11..........compared to 15........maybe something to research..? Someone has to jump first.....joe
 

Attachments

  • Doc\'s treasure supplies.webp
    Doc\'s treasure supplies.webp
    7.6 KB · Views: 233
I hunt with the WOT on my Excal, I hunt in the water and I have no problem swinging the coil in the water, maybe it is because I am so young, I'm only 61. ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom