Minelab Equinox 800 and Xterra 705, Garret Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hoping to find locations with older coins, like older parks, houses, mines etc..........
I like finding just about anything but coins, spills, caches are my favorite.
I live in So Cal, and was wondering if anyone knew of locations i could go to metal detect?

Daniel

I'm in Menifee & I sometimes go over to the good hope area. Just google good hope mine. There is a decent amount of rattlesnakes in the area, so take care. Lotsa bullet casings and lead, etc... Haven't found gold there but found a cool jewish abracadabra talisman, and a 4 hole brass button from a tailor in London England that looks to be early late 1800s or 1900s. I go out there once in awhile. I drive a white lifted Ranger maybe I will see you out there.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I used to live in Twin Peaks and I know the Holcombe Trail up by Big Bear has a lot of abandoned gold mines in the area and also (if you look around some) some old stuctures, and foundations. And about 12 years ago the roads were very passable. Southern California is awesome I wish I never moved away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread