What's new

anybody knows anything about cannonballs

allison86

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2015
Messages
342
Reaction score
181
Golden Thread
0
Location
kent wa
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter/ garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My step dad found this a few years ago whike digging a hole it was 3 feet deep we are in western wa not far from seattle there are a few old civil war forts about 25 miles from here and in the mid 1800s there was a few territory battles some people say its a cannonball some say its a millball i think its iron not steal i think it feel of a wagon while it wad being transported to fort stilicome during the civil war it waights about 8 pounds maybe 9 20160417_191501.webp20160417_191618.webp
 
Upvote 0
Don't know too much about rev. artillery. But if it was found around here it would probably be Confederate for sure with the mold seem and all. Give this guy a holler. "TheCannonBallGuy"
 
A mill ball will not have a seam.
 
I just pm the cannonball guy and some some reason I can't send him pics
 
I just pm the cannonball guy and some some reason I can't send him pics
Just give him the title of your post and tell him what forum it is posted under.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom