What's new

ANyone else finding Lincoln Log Cabin pennies?

jrf30

Bronze Member
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
1,896
Reaction score
385
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I'm starting to find 2 or 3 of the 2009 Lincoln Log Cabin pennies in each box I open. Just mixed in with the rest.

ANy one else finding these? Is the logjam broken on these pennies and they are finally getting into circulation?

(Now we need to see how long until the 2nd penny shows up somewhere ...)

So who's finding what on these Log Cabin pennies?
 
Upvote 0
I haven't been doing the coin roll thing, but I've got a few of those pennies in change.
 
I've been through about $1000 in pennies since these came out and I haven't found one of these yet in the bags.
 
I bought a box of pennies last week and there were three in it.
 
I am finding the same in bags around here... a few each...most bags
 
I just got stuck with a full box of D's today, funny thing is 11 of the rolls have one darker penny in there- these are clear coin condom rolls obviousely. HH Mark
 
I do not hunt coin rolls (follow your thread however), found three rolls for $3 a roll a few days ago and none in circulation. :coffee2:
 
Been getting P's & D's in boxes for weeks now - 30-40 mixed in per box.
Several have produced both P's & D's in the same box.
 
I haven't seen any 2009's of pennies, nickels or dimes. Last year it took until Summer/Fall to find 2008 coins of the lower denominations here in New England. I figure they'll come about eventually. Now I'm seeing tons of 2008's.

Brian
 
kestrelia said:
I haven't seen any 2009's of pennies, nickels or dimes. Last year it took until Summer/Fall to find 2008 coins of the lower denominations here in New England. I figure they'll come about eventually. Now I'm seeing tons of 2008's.

Brian

The 2009 nickels and dimes are going to be tougher as I believe I read they already quit minting them for the year and will have their lowest mintage numbers in years.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom