What's new

Anyone know what this is?

jefatk

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2014
Messages
20
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this key today while detecting in my front yard in Ohio. Does anyone have any idea what it is??? IMG_1383[1].webp
 
Upvote 4
you got the key to the city of chicago,
 
My old eyes can't make out the word - is it "Chicago"? :dontknow: If so, people from there may recognize the scene depicted. :hello2: Neat key in any case! :hello2: Andi
 
Interesting find. Under the airplane I think I see STANDARD OIL. Correct? Does it say anything else?
 
yeah, it says Chicago. It has 3 skyscrapers and and airplane on it. I think its just a souviner from Chicago. Oh well, it was the only thing I found all day today that was worth keeping. Thanks for looking.
 
Chicago...eh? Maybe the "family" got a locker at the airport, clean it good and find the right number maybe you can find Hoffa.
 
I left my keys there when I "escaped" the Chicagoland area 40+ yrs ago. AHhh !
 
Key to Hoffa's hiding spot ?
 
my guess is that it was a souvenir key blank, and appears to have been cut as a house key. looks functional, but next to the quarter it also looks too big. I mean that thing looks huge
 
yes its a skyline of the 3 tallest buildings in Chicago, Standard Oil building, John Hancock, and Sears Tower....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom