What's new

Anyone recognize him?

Rubicon

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
303
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Pro
I pulled this little guy out of a coal ash pile at an abandoned home site that dates to the 1960's. At first I thought Buster Brown or the Cracker Jack boy, but I'm not sure because he's not a match for either. He is made of porcelain and stands 3.5 inches tall. The words "made in japan" run across his shoulders on the back.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0172.webp
    IMG_0172.webp
    51.5 KB · Views: 679
if that's a paint brush in his right hand

He's the dutch Paint Boy
 
Upvote 0
I don't know anything about this lil gent you found but I got to say he is a looker! Love it!

No other markings this "made in Japan"? nothing on the bottom of his feet? what is that in his hands?

He does look really familar but I can't place the face . . . possible kewpie style?

Bogart :D


~ May you ALWAYS be Blessed & may you ALWAYS Bless others ~
 
Upvote 0
At first glance, i thought "Campbell soup kid", (they were "dressed" in several different outfits over the years).

Early Pillsbury figure maybe? (prior to the dough boy)

It may simply be one of hundreds/thousands of generic pieces that came out of Japan. :wink:
 
Upvote 0
I couldn't find a pic but I think it is a "frozen charlotte" or "frozen charlie" doll. They were made in Japan rather cheaply and popular in the early 20th century.

http://www.thedollworks.net/default.asp

You might send these guys a picture of it maybe they can nail it down for us.

HH Charlie
 
Upvote 0
bogeymcq said:
I don't know anything about this lil gent you found but I got to say he is a looker! Love it!

No other markings this "made in Japan"? nothing on the bottom of his feet? what is that in his hands?

He does look really familar but I can't place the face . . . possible kewpie style?

Bogart :D


~ May you ALWAYS be Blessed & may you ALWAYS Bless others ~





No markings on the bottom of feet or anywhere else, appears to be a book or small box in his hands. Thanks for looking.
 
Upvote 0
savant365 said:
I couldn't find a pic but I think it is a "frozen charlotte" or "frozen charlie" doll. They were made in Japan rather cheaply and popular in the early 20th century.

http://www.thedollworks.net/default.asp

You might send these guys a picture of it maybe they can nail it down for us.

HH Charlie





I'll let you know, thanks for the lead!
 
Upvote 0
savant365 said:
I couldn't find a pic but I think it is a "frozen charlotte" or "frozen charlie" doll. They were made in Japan rather cheaply and popular in the early 20th century.

http://www.thedollworks.net/default.asp

You might send these guys a picture of it maybe they can nail it down for us.

HH Charlie



No dice, Judy has never seen this doll. Thanks anyway.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • buster.webp
    buster.webp
    8.8 KB · Views: 375
Upvote 0
I think i use to work with that guy.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom