Anyone Recognize This Large Cent or Token?

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm stumped on this one. Was the first signal at a legion hall yard. Before the hall there was a mill on the property. It's about the size of a half dollar and pretty thick too. Been soaking in olive oil and picking the crud off with a tooth pick. Came up a solid 31 - 32 on the nox at about 3 or so inches. Also managed some silver and a non precious Mother Mary pendant. Tons of clad as well. Anyone who knows please let me know. I think it should clean up nice.

THANKS AND HAPPY HUNTING EVERYONE!

IMG_20220718_124744.jpg
IMG_20220718_124737.jpg

Upvote 19

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds, but not a token. It's a Japanese official currency coin. If the diameter is around 32mm then it will be a bronze 2 sen.

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A great bunch of finds - congrats !

It looks like it could be a Canadian Bank Penny Token - I've found a few here in Ohio.
There's lots of variations of the Bank of Canada Tokens.
I'd do a Google Image search and see if you can ID it.

Good Luck !

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds, but not a token. It's a Japanese official currency coin. If the diameter is around 32mm then it will be a bronze 2 sen.

Well dang red-coat that was fast! Thanks so much. I thought I saw some oriental writing but wasn't sure. Now I can't wait to get the crud off and see how it cleans up!

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It looks like it could be a Canadian Bank Penny Token - I've found a few here in Ohio.

Good Luck !
Thanks ETrac! I have a 1857 Canadian bank token and compared the two and it was a lot smaller. Looks like red coat nailed the ID. I'll post more pics once it cleans up.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm stumped on this one. Was the first signal at a legion hall yard. Before the hall there was a mill on the property. It's about the size of a half dollar and pretty thick too. Been soaking in olive oil and picking the crud off with a tooth pick. Came up a solid 31 - 32 on the nox at about 3 or so inches. Also managed some silver and a non precious Mother Mary pendant. Tons of clad as well. Anyone who knows please let me know. I think it should clean up nice.

View attachment 2037329 View attachment 2037330
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 2037329 View attachment 2037330
great finds and gratz on the ID, love that silver

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds congrats

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

Good Luck !
Canadian Bank Penny Token was my first guess too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread