Anyone up for a heist?

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
There is a chance that a $1 trillion coin could be minted to skirt the debt ceiling. It would be tricky, but I think we could pull off heisting this thing. If it is struck, it will have to be transferred from the West Point mint to the New York Federal Reserve for deposit. We would have to make our move while it is in transit, when it is most vulnerable. We probably couldn't get the full value when we fence it, either. But even if we only got $500 billion, that's a decent amount of walking around money:

Trillion-dollar platinum coin could be minted at the last minute

OP
OP
MiddenMonster

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Uh, somewhere in there, you should should mention you're joking, and instead of "we" and "our", use "they" or "someone", and "their". Good plot for a movie. The thought police are active, and one should tread carefully. JMO.

Well, I did say, "If it is struck...". So at this point it's all hypothetical--kind of like if we were talking about using a time machine to go back and change the outcome of the Revolutionary War. Treason if we had a time machine. Just a thought experiment if we don't.

.... can anybody cash this for me? I want my change in gold buffalos and C notes...

Yeah, I know a guy up in Jersey. His name is Vinnie the Pen, and he can fence anything you want and make it look legit on the books. He takes a sharp rake, though, so the pinch is probably going to hurt. But it's worth it for that hard to move merchandise, if you know what I mean...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh, somewhere in there, you should should mention you're joking, and instead of "we" and "our", use "they" or "someone", and "their". Good plot for a movie. The thought police are active, and one should tread carefully. JMO.

yep, Some People really Cannot take a joke these days.
If they read this, They are already adding extra security :laughing7:

OP
OP
MiddenMonster

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
yep, Some People really Cannot take a joke these days.
If they read this, They are already adding extra security :laughing7:

Yep. We will probably have to plan for several contingencies. And it wouldn't hurt to have someone on the inside. But in all seriousness, you know what would probably scare the feds more than someone stealing this coin and trying to sell it? Someone stealing this coin and melting it down. If someone went all Goldfinger on a $1 trillion coin, half the government would crap porcupines tail first for the next decade. If it was just stolen they would use any resource to get it back, and with modern technology they probably could. I'm thinking that they would be so freaked out that the person who stole it could actually go public, announce what they did and demand immunity from all civil and criminal liability--and the feds would kiss their feet and agree to it just to get a coin like that back. I bet you could even get a "finder's fee" out of them, too. I also wonder what would be a more desirable coin to have: This $1 trillion coin, or a 1933 Double Eagle.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep it could be Plastic Really.
the Whole thing is the number on it
and the idea it's an Official Strike by the Mint.
As far as Transportation remember the old saying "Loose Lips sink ships"
someones Pocket is as safe, maybe safer then an Official Parade through town
If they keep their Trap shut till it's officially deposited

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard on one of the news shows it,s supposed to go by helicopter.Now if the Taliban would loan out one of those rockets we gave them.:laughing9::laughing7::BangHead::headbang::hello:

Reactions: Fat

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard on one of the news shows it,s supposed to go by helicopter.Now if the Taliban would loan out one of those rockets we gave them.:laughing9::laughing7::BangHead::headbang::hello:
none of these plans will work------- REMEMBER------TAX THE RICH......THEY MUST PAY THEIR "FAIR SHARE"---- this post is like all the other posts---- ______not political,,,,,, BUT_____ bet he deletes me for plain truth--- that ....... is not political:BangHead:

:usflag:

OP
OP
MiddenMonster

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Here's another high dollar coin we could heist. This one is an actual, 1 of 6 gold Bitcoins. It's only worth $54 million, so it's chump change next to a $1 trillion dollar coin but it still jingles in your pocket. This guy bought it about 10 years ago for just under $5K. He says it's in an "overseas bank vault", which makes me wonder why. Is there one specific, overseas bank that has the best security, or is he jiving us and the Bitcoin is in a vault in the U.S. somewhere? I wouldn't want to have to travel overseas to see/get something I own. Especially if it is worth $54 million. I also think this guy is playing with fire holding on to it. Crypto could continue to climb, or it could die a quick death at any time since it's not based on anything like productivity or tied to gold. It's just numbers people have latched on to--kind of like the tulip bubble a few hundred years ago. If I owned it I would sell it today, pay the taxes and enjoy my $$$ for the rest of my life:

Bitcoin Physical Version Now Worth $54M ... Owner Comes Forward!!!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
none of these plans will work------- REMEMBER------TAX THE RICH......THEY MUST PAY THEIR "FAIR SHARE"---- this post is like all the other posts---- ______not political,,,,,, BUT_____ bet he deletes me for plain truth--- that ....... is not political:BangHead:

:usflag:
What exactly does this mean?

ToastedWheatie

Jun 30, 2013
Hudson Valley, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Infinium
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just follow a proven technique. John Andre and Benedict Arnold had it figured out fleeing West Point.
Once you have the coin, grab two guys hanging out by the river below West Point and have them row you out to an awaiting sloop and skirt down to NYC.
Oh wait... never mind. It didn't work out for Andre. he missed his boat and was hung.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread