Anyone used to live and detect in Atlanta and know some great places that you used hunt?

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Metro Atlanta is a tough place to find silver coins. I am looking for good coin or civil war relic hunting spots in metro Atlanta. If you used to hunt these areas back in the 70's and 80's and wouldn't mind sharing the locations, please send me a private message. Thanks

Swamp Fox

Sep 22, 2019
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT Minelab Equinox 600 Garrett A T Pro Garrett A T Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't live there but i know that the rebs had earthworks all around the city. I would go door knocking in the neighborhoods where they were located and I would think that you will find coins and relics.

OP
OP
pulltabfelix

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't live there but i know that the rebs had earthworks all around the city. I would go door knocking in the neighborhoods where they were located and I would think that you will find coins and relics.
I have tried that idea. But in Atlanta the best civil war sites are now very expensive neighborhoods and I have tried asking permission and get 100% negative responses. Their lawns are those perfect kept type of lawns. So I have to hunt in parks where others have hunted real good in the 70's & 80's and are now mostly filled with metal trash objects. I am hoping my new XP2 give me longer hunt times than with my CTX.

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
I have found some silver coins & a little jewelry by searching areas where old sidewalks are taken up & new ones poured. Be careful not to disturb new forms that are in position & ask permission of the foreman on site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread