What's new

Anyone Watching Western "1883"

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
⛮ Administrator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
56,448
Reaction score
72,693
Golden Thread
0
Is anyone else watching 1883? I like westerns and I am really enjoying 1883. Who would have known what great actors Tim Mcgraw and Faith Hill would be? As always Sam Elliott is giving a fantastic performance and his daughter on the show actress Isabel May is Georgie's former girlfriend on "Young Sheldon".

 
I don't see it offered on any streaming service to which we subscribe.

Maybe this series will be different, but almost all American-produced television that purports to be historical isn't - they just project backwards modern language, swearing, immorality and viewpoints to a time gone by, as a pablum.
 
I don't see it offered on any streaming service to which we subscribe.

Maybe this series will be different, but almost all American-produced television that purports to be historical isn't - they just project backwards modern language, swearing, immorality and viewpoints to a time gone by, as a pablum.
it is on Paramount + and there are also full episodes on youtube too.

It isn't a documentary, it is a western series and a good one at that.
 
Yeah i am a "binge watcher"... and am waiting with baited breath for this... have been.,, liked yellowstone as well.
 
Yeah i am a "binge watcher"... and am waiting with baited breath for this... have been.,, liked yellowstone as well.
I found the first 7 episodes on youtube if you look just a little. There is a total of 10 episodes in 1st season and there is already a season 2 scheduled.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ARC
Watched a couple of the 1st episodes of 1883, Its alright . IMO Young Guns is in the all time top 5 westerns :)
>>
 
I found the first 7 episodes on youtube if you look just a little. There is a total of 10 episodes in 1st season and there is already a season 2 scheduled.
Waiting for entire first season to be had.
 
Watched a couple of the 1st episodes of 1883, Its alright . IMO Young Guns is in the all time top 5 westerns :)
>>

Should watch the rest, it keeps getting better.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RTR
Is anyone else watching 1883? I like westerns and I am really enjoying 1883. Who would have known what great actors Tim Mcgraw and Faith Hill would be? As always Sam Elliott is giving a fantastic performance and his daughter on the show actress Isabel May is Georgie's former girlfriend on "Young Sheldon".


I started watching it last evening and fell asleep
I have been taping it though
 
Watched a couple of the 1st episodes of 1883, Its alright . IMO Young Guns is in the all time top 5 westerns :)
>>

um.... IMO probably the most unrealistic "hollywoody" representation ever made.

:/

But good entertainment none the less.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: RTR
vghhj
um.... IMO probably the most unrealistic "hollywoody" representation ever made.

:/

But good entertainment none the less.
edited
 
T.C. this is not the politics forum, please confine politics to our politics forum....Thanks.
 
The best western EVER made IMO... The Revenant.
Which is currently playing on FX.... in 14 minutes actually.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RTR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom