apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nine boxes is a load! At least Mr. Apush will be helping me dump this weekend.

Results:
3-Walkers (1 looks fake; has gold/silver coloring obverse and reverse). Tried the drop/bounce technique--my hearing is too bad. Too much loud music during
the 1960s) :laughing9:
2-Bens
3-1964s
44-40%
2-Cameo clads

3 boxes were el skunko's. Mr. Apush culled the most this week.

HSH,
Apush :read2:

Upvote 0

ArkhamHouse

Aug 1, 2010
apush said:
(1 looks fake; has gold/silver coloring obverse and reverse). Tried the drop/bounce technique--my hearing is too bad. Too much loud music during
the 1960s) :laughing9:

If Liberty and the eagle are gold colored and the observe and reverse fields are silver, it is probably not a fake. If not fake, the coin has been gold plated on the major devices. These were sold through magazines at a substantial markup a few years ago, as being "24 karat gold enhanced".

Happy hunting.

-Arkham House

Steve L.

Oct 11, 2008
Vienna, ME
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apush,
I agree! 9 boxes is a lot of coin to move. I top out at 4 a week. More than that and it is too much like work. :wink:
Nice take on the nine! 8x 90% and 44x 40% is pretty good pickings. That's closing in on 8.5 troy ounces of silver. :hello2:
I too believe you have a actual Walker that ha been commercially enhanced and sold as a novelty coin. I've seen those advertised in several periodicals. In my mind, there is no enhancement appropriate or necessary for a walking lady liberty, it is perhaps THE classic American coin.
Congratulations!
Steve

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
:director: good score ! My hearing is not great either. Not bad enough for a hearing aid yet,but I would never rely on the accordian style sound test to find silver.
I do have a fake Barber half that upon close examination has the remnants of gold plating.If you hold it between thumb and index finger and slowing rotate it, the eagle on the back is askew.
I think that you did very good for 9 boxes.Better than I did this week with 11 and 1 skunk. Searching in quantity is the way to go. Always good to have a helper too.
HH
Rich

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Great score, Apush! Keep at it....the silver is still out there somewhere.
rileyboy

Ju8vP3t

how much does it weigh? what's the date? I got a counterfeit WL one time, a 1921-P....it was a very bad counterfeit, probably chinese? ..it was underweight and whoever was stamping them out didn't do their research because they stamped a "P" on the back... :laughing7:

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome scores apush - you did more boxes in that one sitting than I do in a week (7). :laughing7:

Wish I could open that many at once...someday I will! :headbang:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread