What's new

Apush: Going to Austin

apush

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
212
Golden Thread
0
Location
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an educational conference scheduled later this month. Mr. Apush will accompany me. We will hit Austin's main street and have a few nice meals.

One of my banks has several branches in Austin. Will pick up 5 boxes while there just to see how we will do and just dump while we are there. Last year's Galveston trip boxes were not so hot.

It may take us a month to get there as I will tell Mr. Apush to pull over every five minutes when I yell, "Stop! There is a bank!" :laughing7:

HSH,
apush :read2:
 
Upvote 0
happy hunting! austin has good history (check out the capitol building if you haven't already) and a great original live music scene.
 
If you get the chance, you should detour to New Braunfels. Beautiful, little town that is known for it's German heritage. Wurstfest is a right of passage. I have a hunch that like the water that flows through town, so does the silver.
 
Apush,
I hope you and Mr. Apush have a great trip to Austin. May the silver come in great varieties; Barber's, Walking Ladies, Ben's, and Ken's. We'll all look forward to the report!
All the best,
Steve
 
Apush,
Have a nice journey and keep us posted on your finds.
Gee!.. I feel a little like talking to "Lewis and Clark"
a couple hundred years ago. Good luck out there and
don't forget to circle the wagons if attacked by indians.
rileyboy
 
Hello apush,

Although I work from a home office in Mass., the company I work for is HQ'ed in Austin and I just returned on Saturday from spending a week in that office.

My company is located in the Bank of America Building at 515 Congress Avenue, in the heart of downtown. Although I was unable to do any CRH'ing on this trip I have always found silver at this bank (located on the 1st floor) and always from CWR's, one time last year resulting in 9 Ben's and 11 64's in a solid roll.

As far as having a few good meals, may I suggest a place called Truluck's, which in my opinion is simply the best seafood and steak place in Austin, just a short walk down the street from BOA building. Also, knowing your affection for history, right across the street from BOA building is The Driskill Hotel and, although I am a little fuzzy on it's significance, it is a great place to have a beer and some appetizers and learn all about the place on the inside. Beautiful old architecture.

2 other places to check out are Hut's Hamburgers, voted best in Austin for something like 30 years running (I love the Buddy Holly burger :notworthy:) and a big, old-time bar called Little Woodrow's with indoor and outdoor seating... oh my, fun, fun. :icon_thumleft:

Not sure if you've ever been to Austin but there are also great live music choices everywhere, just a really fun city.

Have a great time on your trip and good luck with grabbing some silver!

HH all!

Greg
 
This makes me miss living in Austin, grew up there, but no high paying jobs in my field unfortunately! I am very interested to hear how the silver hunt goes! Please report back!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom