What's new

Are these claws?

bigjohnnyblue

Jr. Member
Joined
May 11, 2013
Messages
66
Reaction score
49
Golden Thread
0
I found these in a field while hunting artifacts. Are they claws? And if so what critter might they have come from? Thanks for looking. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425179983.982557.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425180014.932750.webp
 
I am not definite on the top one, but the bottom one is a muskrat or a young beaver incisor.
 
Thanks Old Digger. Do you think they are fairly recent? If so, I would assume muskrat since beaver just started repopulating the area in the last 20 years or so. Do you think both are teeth? They're hollow.
 
They look relatively recent, and the bases would be partially hollow. I just can't place the top one at this time, maybe someone can chime in and help on the first one.
 
Bottom- I *really* think is beaver. Here are a couple (typically crappy) pics of a couple I've found- along w/ what I think are possum teeth (the straighter, smaller ones-- could be fox???) anyway:
The beaver teeth are super curved and apparently just keep growing. Very colorful too. Your short stubby on is a mystery to me.

0301150908.webp 0301150908a.webp
 
Sorry I haven't responded. I'm having internet connection issues. Thanks for all the replies.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom