Finding an arrowhead in my backyard has sparked my interest....well more like it sparked an obsession. I have always been a history buff, and I have spent weeks researching Indian history in Arkansas, and have found tons of info....but I cannot find any one story that tells of an exact location. There are so many rivers and streams in this state, I do not know where to start. I do not have a lot of time to spend hunting, so it is very frustrating to spend hours researching, and going to a few promising places...and then find nothing. I spent the entire weekend searching the White River along the area where the "bluff dwellers" were. Although I found a bunch of really interesting fossils (in the rock bluffs), I found no artifacts. I was just wondering if anyone may know of some good hunting grounds. I live in Fayetteville, AR (Northwest Arkansas), but I can drive for a couple of hours if it leads me to good spot! I keep finding these websites of people in Arkansas that have HUGE collections....but they never mention where they found them; or if they do say, it is very vague. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Thanks!
Upvote
1
You are on the right track though, doing research does help pinpoint potential places...also talk to local farmers and folks and see if you can stir up any interest. Hunting for any treasure, Indian relics included, always entails more looking than finding...don't be discouraged if you don't find that "pot of gold" on every trip, or your first one. The race is won by those who keep on keeping on.








