What's new

Arrow Head Hill - Day 2...

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,306
Reaction score
48,543
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I returned to the field where I got the flint arrow head because I knew there was about 1.5 acres of failed crop to grid. I did 5 hours 15 minutes & Dad did half of this.

For this time of year we did pretty well:

6 scrappies
2 Lead Tokens
1 Counterfiet halfgroat (circa Lizzy I) - just the copper core - pretty rare!
Medieval Buckles
Top of a 17th C Spoon
Roman Childs Ring
2 Tudor Belt Mounts
Roman or Medieval Pin Head
Bronze Age Spear Tip - circa 4000 years old (one of my largest examples):icon_thumright:
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    166.7 KB · Views: 179
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    111.4 KB · Views: 187
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    140.4 KB · Views: 183
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    138.4 KB · Views: 178
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    114.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    71.4 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Upvote 14
Man that is agreat haul for one day:notworthy:Keep up the good work. HH:icon_thumleft:
 
awesome finds ya got there!! nice work
 
Hitting Bronze Age is great! Congrats!
 
Nice diversity of finds Cru. Can you tell me what that item is that I've labeled below? Looks like I see a "WR" in the center with other letters possibly on the periphery. Is it a button, lead seal, or what? Thanks.

Cru 5.webp
 
You always get lots of targets, I like that, it must keep the excitment level up.

I like the spear head, also the "SS" is that one of the lead tokens or a lead seal ?

I may post my todays finds just to show how bad it was.
 
Nice diversity of finds Cru. Can you tell me what that item is that I've labeled below? Looks like I see a "WR" in the center with other letters possibly on the periphery. Is it a button, lead seal, or what? Thanks.

View attachment 797703

Its pewter with stamped letters, that all I know:dontknow:
 
You always get lots of targets, I like that, it must keep the excitment level up.

I like the spear head, also the "SS" is that one of the lead tokens or a lead seal ?

I may post my todays finds just to show how bad it was.

Its a local lead bag seal from the mill.
 
Awesome finds. Congrats on saving some great history.
 
nice finds congrats HH
 
super cool finds
 
fantasticc.gif ... AS ALWAYS!
 
Thats a good amount of stuff for 1.5 acres, for sure!
 
CRUSADER nice finds I cant believe no silver on that one. Awesome :icon_thumleft:

Funny you should say that, my 1st & about 6th dig was a medieval buckle, so I to can't believe we didn't run over one.:dontknow:
 
Great hunt, bronze age it's very rear!
Looks like that hill has been used and walked on for over 4000 years non-stop
Which one is the copper core of the fake groat?
Cheers
 
Great hunt, bronze age it's very rear!
Looks like that hill has been used and walked on for over 4000 years non-stop
Which one is the copper core of the fake groat?
Cheers

In the middle of the picture of all the coins, you may just be able to see the shield?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom