ReganOutdoors
Tenderfoot
- Joined
- Aug 28, 2019
- Messages
- 9
- Reaction score
- 25
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I found this out at Brown’s Ranch in North Scottsdale. It used to be a Hohokam hunting ground, as well as a site for people pre-dating the Hohokam. I put it back, so I can’t get any additional pics. Was just curious what kind of point and how old? It was laying right on the side of the main trail. I suspect the recent monsoon upended it and carried it there.
Attachments
Upvote
0
You should go back and get that point mister; ASAP!
Seriously!
Anyway, I'll take a stab at IDing your point and say it's a Middle Archaic, San Jose (5300-3800 YBP). Probably a dart point (spear point if you prefer). Those serrations were more pronounced at one time. Not sure of the material but it could be basalt. Check out the link...
Yeah, I think some people just want to get offended for the sake of being offended these days.








