What's new

arrowheads

hank04640

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 11, 2014
Messages
7
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found these in maine while digging clams any idea of age or any value in them? arrow heads 003.webparrow heads 006.webparrow heads 007.webp
 
Upvote 0
Someone here will be able to give you some answers to the types and age..........But those are really nice. Stop looking for clams and do more looking for artifacts! Thanks for showing!
 
Those are really nice points!! Give up the clams, they don't display well anyway:laughing7:. Tony
 
Those are really nice points!! Give up the clams, they don't display well anyway:laughing7:. Tony
But they shore do taste good;0)I see two nice triangles and i think a dovetail?Very nice finds.I don't think I would be able to keep my mind on the clams after finding thows
 
Last edited:
the 1st 1 is 2 1/2 inches the 2nd 1 is 2 5/8 inches the last 1 is 3 1/8 inches
 
Hey Hank nice to see a fellow Mainer on here.Those are some nice finds.I wouldn't be much help typing them.I would say they are three or four thousand years old.Don't expect they would bring much.Artifacts from the northeast don't seem to bring as much as say the Midwest.It really all depends on the piece...When you find these do you notice a lot of flakes or are these random finds...mjm
 
I have found flakes and but these were found laying on the flats, I have found 2 axe heads 1 I gave to my brother and 1 I gave to the indian island museum in oldtown Maine
 
Wow- Nice points! Welcome! Bet the guys who made those points liked clams too! Yakker
 
Axeheads in Maine are pretty scarce.At least for me.Would love to see a picture if possible...thanks...mjm
 
Beautiful points.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom