M
MiniMe
Guest
- #1
Thread Owner
Every day I drive by older homesites and fields that I have been drooling over and would really love to hunt. It drives me crazy because I just don't know what to say to ask for permission to hunt places I see. Some homes are abandoned and finding the owner is difficult also. Just driving onto someones property makes me very nervous. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. 

It's not hard for me as I have lots of experience in selling myself. What I normally do is first introduce myself and tell them where I live and that I grew up around here (I usually hunt locally) I tell them what I want to do and that I will leave the place in better condition when I leave than when I arrived. I also tell them I won't touch or disturb anything and that I respect the rights's of the owner. You will get yes's and some No's. That's just human nature. I had one lady who came out to greet me but after telling her what I wanted to do she said, "NO" But in a rude way. You also get people who don't even know what you want to do. In general, be nice and look them in the eye. You have to sell yourself and sometimes it's hard. But don't get discouraged. We hate to hear no but it's going to happen. Good luck. And welcome to the NEt, Ron
Heck, you live in a good state to hunt. I was in Boonesboro, Md a few months ago and was drooling at all of the old houses that small town had. Lot's of history there. Good luck









