What's new

At least the Dual Field is getting some use!

1491

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2007
Messages
556
Reaction score
69
Golden Thread
0
Location
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Just because I haven’t been using my machines for awhile doesn’t mean somebody else shouldn’t! Short story, my diver buddy Dan lost his car key while diving recently and asked to borrow my White’s Dual Field. He said he had a pretty good idea of where he lost the key and I told him it would be a miracle if he found it. I further told him that if he was to find a hefty gold ring, he should immediately stop looking for the key, since the replacement cost of the key is only $175. So, he hit the surf last Saturday….

Dan ready to hit the surf:
UnderwaterDetectorMan.jpg


Dan and his dive buddy / photographer:
M0010335.jpg


Dan seriously confident, because he knows he is using the Dual Field:
M0010334.jpg


Deep search:
M0010343.jpg


Dan’s first target after 5 minutes in the water:
P1120493.jpg

One of the smallest gold rings I’ve seen, weighing in at 2.2 grams of 14K ….
....worth about 1/4 to 1/3 of the replacement cost of his car key! :laughing7:

Dan’s 1st and 2nd targets:
P1120494.jpg


Dan spent about an hour in the water and found one more target, a bobby pin. But I think the guy is hooked on underwater detecting now – he wants to use the machine again this weekend! Happy hunting everyone! - Jim
 
Upvote 0
I suppose he never did find his key...
 
Smudge said:
I suppose he never did find his key...

Oh yeah, the whole point of the search, I forgot. No, Dan didn't find it. Only three targets in one hour. But he is going to give it another shot this week I think. :thumbsup: Jim
 
Nice story, I've always wanted to try diving and hunting. I was certified years ago but never tried detecting that way, just pleasure diving.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom