What's new

At pro feedback ....nel storm coil

Coinhunter17

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 26, 2016
Messages
9
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rushville in
Detector(s) used
Technetics 4000. Garrett ace 250. Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was thinking about getting the largest coil nel storm makes whats your opinion worth the $$$ or stock coil
 
I just bought the 15x15 NEL Attack coil for my AT Pro but have only been able to hunt once with it because of the weather. I believe the only thing I would change is I might consider getting the NEL Storm instead of the Attack but like I said I have only been out with it for about two hours. I still found some smalls in a "hunted out" park and it pinpointed nicely. Take your time making up your mind as winter is going no where for awhile. Yes I feel the $ is worth it for a deeper coil. It might not be an everyday coil but should be a lot of fun in wide open and "hunted out" areas.
 
Thank for the feedback I was thinking about the storm because I have been watching alot of the Hoover boys on YouTube and he finds deep targets and swears by it I should be able to pick up my atpro this week and they have the storms in stock as well I have the extra money so was really considering grabbing it while I was there
 
I received my Storm coil just before the freeze here in Michigan. I didn't get much time on it before the freeze but what I did get I was impressed. My first trip was to detect my own yard. I had detected it numerous times before with the stock coil and the small coil. The storm coil try netted me about 25 more coins. Mostly wheats with some buffalo nickels as well. I was impressed. I then took it out to a park I had hit lightly prior. I did find more coins but the trash level was much higher so it made things a little harder to separate. I got a water hunt in with it and found it doesn't really have any more drag than the stock coil in the water.

My 2 cents based on limited trials is that it will be another great tool to use with my ATpro. With the 5 x 8 coil and the storm think I have just about everything covered.


Now I just need the world to thaw!
 
its supposed to be a great coil
 
I have the attack coil for the AT PO I get much more depth and easy pin pointing bigger coils make better depth
 
Just got the storm on my AT PRO and I think I am getting a little more depth. Have only been out a couple times but got a 1832 large cent at about ten inches today at a pounded park with the new coil. Maybe coincidence maybe not......
 

Attachments

  • LARGE CENT BACK.webp
    LARGE CENT BACK.webp
    52.4 KB · Views: 101
  • LARGE CENT.webp
    LARGE CENT.webp
    50.4 KB · Views: 109

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom