What's new

At Pro

lazabert

Full Member
Joined
May 11, 2015
Messages
168
Reaction score
331
Golden Thread
0
Location
Broad Brook, ct
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE 250 & 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright, I gotta do something or get off the pot lol. I have so many finds with my garret 250 --

Question is... Will it blow my mind to be searching with the At Pro:headbang:
 
For the first hundred or so hours yes. Then all the chatter will make sense.
 
No not really! It is very easy machine to run and the iron audio is great in heavy iron laden sites. You can use it in standard mode and it basically is an ace 350.
 
atp smokes the 2fiddy and 3fiddy.learn it in pro mode from day one.if you can afford it get the 5x8 coil...that sucker is a mind blower and makes the machine light.it also excells in trashy areas.

good luck and dont be afraid to ask advice during your learning it.many atp experts here at t-net..:occasion14:
 
I love my 250, got the AT for water and rarely use it on land, reason being is I don't like using headphones on land, and its not an easy task to simply unhook the AT headphones, very bad ergonomic setup.
Just got an Ace 400 too but haven't used it enough to develop an opinion on it. If all you do is land hunt I'd think about stepping up to a Fisher F75 SE or something [which I also have].
 
Oh, I've solved that problem with the Garrett 1/4" Headphone Adapter For Garrett At Pro ($33.96)
connected to a a 1/4" to 3.5mm adapter (Free I've found several of them while detecting)
connected to a Koss VC20 Volume Control ($6.80).

I then plug in my earbuds from my apple phone (any will work). I run the cord down to my bag belt, and tuck a loop in there so it never hangs in the way. The Koss VC20 volume control adds a couple of feet of length, and has a belt clip thing that I attach to my bag. It simply unplugs from the AT pro connection point under the armrest.

I couldn't be happier with the setup. Volume control on earbuds on the AT pro, and the sound is FANTASTIC. Light weight, no sweat on the ears, and no funky tan lines on my bald head.

Cheers!
Skippy

Sounds nice, but is it waterproof ?
 
Great machine, once you learn the language, takes 50-100+ hours to learn any mid/higher end machine. Take your time and enjoy the journey.

I purchased the headphone adapter and use my upper end headphones! If I'm using it in water, just use underwater headphones with original adapter...not leaks!

GL & HH
 
Of course not. But, it's not supposed to be. It's for when the AT Pro is on land.



A small pair of pliers to get the locking ring started on the unscrew and in less than a minute you've swapped headphone setups. Or was that the part that is preventing you from removing them?

SKippy


Nothing prevents me from removing them if I really wanted to, the design is a well known PITA, you cannot get a thumb and finger to grip to turn the thing, I suppose I could lug around some pliers to help out but I find it easier to use 1 machine for the water and another for the sand. People have also had problems with bent pins, that plus the waterproof aspect, the less it is taken off the better, so I consider mine permanently attached. I take it off at the end of the year to inspect the gasket, thats about it.
 
so I consider mine permanently attached. I take it off at the end of the year to inspect the gasket, thats about it.


That's how I see it, but then again I always wear headphones, I'm not deaf and neither are the people around me :)
 
I use it once in a while on land, not often though. Just don't like using headphones when there is no need, wouldn't wear them in the water if I didn't have to.
 
Just do it. You will not regret it!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom