What's new

Auction Hunters on SPIKE TV

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,836
Reaction score
76,277
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Auction Hunters
New Series Tuesday nights at 10PM! Eastern

Very interesting Treasure Hunting

http://www.spike.com/show/39992?tabId=40155&fxn=getTabMembers

although I Must say I'm a little
disappointed they travel the country.

IF I Was a storage unit Hunter
I Wouldn't want them as bidding competition :tongue3:

===

I See A&E Has already Stolen the idea
with

STORGE WARS

Wednsday night 10PM Eastern

http://www.aetv.com/storage-wars/?p...gn=storage wars&utm_term=auction hunter spike


=====
so When does TruTV start "Hard Core Storage"
and have the Players Fight
with each other over the Bins ? :tongue3:
 
I'll bet there are a lot of folks that have been doing this for a while that are ticked off about all the publicity this is getting now. I sure wouldn't want the extra competition it's gonna cause.
 
savant365 said:
I'll bet there are a lot of folks that have been doing this for a while that are ticked off about all the publicity this is getting now. I sure wouldn't want the extra competition it's gonna cause.

Yes it's definately going to increase.

Another thing that Worries me.

A Friend of Mine Lost a storage bin to Hard times
a few years ago. There were Personal family
Photo albums in the bin.

The Buyer Contacted one of the Girls
to get them back to them.

I Doubt very much these Traveling Buyers
do anything with them but send them
to the landfill before they leave town :(
 
I'm sure that a lot of things like that end up in the trash. I lost a storage unit a few years ago after my wife and I split up. I took a job in another state and put all my keepsakes from my daughters and my other junk in there and took off. It was my fault for not sending the rent but I didn't realize until years later how much those things really meant to me. I hate to think of them ending up in a landfill and the stuff that meant nothing to me getting sold off.
 
I used to go to storage auctions up until a couple years ago. Did fairly well but it's few and far between. Lots of junk. We had one killer summer and picked up 6 or more lockers for under a grand and we profited almost 4k. That was our best haul. Lots of work. Then they came out with this dang show and I won't go back to it as now everyone wants in on it.
 
I have watched this show.....seems like the guys do well, there is another show called Storage Wars, some the stuff they do seems fake. But i can give Auction hunters the benefit of the doubt.
 
W6PEA said:
I have watched this show.....seems like the guys do well, there is another show called Storage Wars, some the stuff they do seems fake. But i can give Auction hunters the benefit of the doubt.

I was just on that show last week - the episode with the Schwinn Tandem bicycle.
From my experience it is 99.9% real.
 
At least Auction Hunters

a) states at the begining that these are the stories of their best finds. So yes some staging is going on.

b) State several times an episode that most units are junk.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom